Tuesday 20 July 2010

Day 17

Today began with inspecting the replica plates I made of the mutant pli-1 strain. I had to mark colonies that were present on all replica plates because this means they should have all three of the markers we wish to be present (inculding the minichromosome with new hph gene). I took scrapings of these colonies to streak onto more plates for further selection.

After that I looked at my new hph/wt fluctuation test and diluted the samples. I made plates for plating my fluctuation test on tommorow, this time ive definetly made the right plates! I was a bit nervous about boiling the agar again, but im much more careful now.

I spent the rest of the day making DNA plugs, I made two sets of 16. I also began another set which i will finish tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment