Thursday 15 July 2010

Day 14

Felt much better today, went in early and caught up with all my work. I diluted and plated all of the samples from my fluctuation tests. thye will be left to grow now for three days, hopefully they will work this time so I can produce some statistical results. The fluctuation test for the Pli 1 mutant will be added to previous tests to build up a large number of results to give a better idea of isochromosome frequency in comparison to wild type. The fluctuation test for the mini chromosome now with Hph will show whether it behaves differently from wild type so we can see what to expect when we use it for further experiments.

There was also a lab meeting, in this one of my collegues gave a talk about the project we are all working on concerning sumoylation. It was good to go over why we are doing all the experiments and see the big picture again.

The yeast I grew which should include the new mini chromosome with Hph marker was crossed with the Pli 1 mutant we wish to observe in further experiments with this marker. The resulting tetrads from the cross have been spread on further plates to select for progeny which has the double mutant we are looking for with all the required markers.

Lastly, I have been asked to write up a method book for the lab to make it easier to teach methods to more people in future and just for reference, so i'll also be writing that in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment